So I am exhausted and won't be making this a long blog post. Today was Day #1 of the SCCA TireRack Solo Nationals. I spent almost all day today in the timing trailers trying, with Darrin, to make the live results functionality work. Unfortunately we were unable to get it working!

After that I met up with Natalie as she arrived today shortly afternoon, I took her to where she needed to check in to her work assignment, then sent her off to work on the course for a heat (her work assignment). For the fifth heat we both worked in the announce vehicle for the West course, I announced while she helped me keep track of the cone counts on the cars on course. It was fun, my first time announcing for the Solo Nationals, hopefully not my last!

After working we walked the West course, stopped to chat with a few friends in grid and the paddock, then made our way back to the hotel to meet up with my Dad who arrived for his first trip to the Solo Nationals. I've been trying for years to get him to come, I'm glad he has finally made it to Topeka! Perhaps someday I can get him to race.

Now it is time for bed, perhaps another blog post tomorrow.

3 of 5 drivers in the team finished in 3rd this weekend. Natalie finished third in SSL, Dave finished Third in ASP, and I finished third in SS.

Beth finished 2nd in SSL and managed to win the only tire this weekend, Tom ended up having to deal with some family business in KC after taking his runs on Saturday so he was unable to run on Sunday. Hopefully his father-in-law is doing better.

More detailed updates and video later this weekend/week.

Wax ecstatic

Chris Hammond

So after providing a day of DotNetNuke Training downtown here in St. Louis I came home and decided to finish up on the car. I used the cleaner wax, then put a coat of polish on, then a coat of yellow wax. I hadn't planned to do all three coats tonight but I really don't have much time in the next week to do this.

Thursday I'm flying to Baltimore again, I was just there in the area last month. I'll be doing another week of DNN training for a new client and took the opportunity to fly in early to meet with a client or two, and run the DC ProSolo! I'll be running an ESP Camaro this weekend, it shoud be fun. After the week of training I'm flying to Indianapolis to run the Peru National Tour at Grissom AFB yet again!

Atlanta National Tour

Chris Hammond
I'm sitting here in my hotel for the Atlanta National Tour while I should be asleep I'm sitting here blogging. It's pretty warm down here, or at least it was today, much warmer than it was in Washington DC where I was all week. It looks like the weather should be good this weekend, so that will be nice. I doubt I'll have to worry about tire temperatures this time around, as I will be sans codriver for my first event of the year.

Well, less than 24 hours from now Nick and I will be on the road to Atlanta. We're planning on pulling out of St. Louis around 3am, but we'll see how that goes. I will have a lot to do tonight to get ready. Load the car on the trailer, pack the van. Yup, VAN, I'm taking the Church Van down to Atlanta. Much thanks to Dave for the loaner tow vehicle!

I mounted up the tires on the old street wheels last night. New Hoosier rubber for this weekend, hopefully we can get down in time to do some practice starts and get some of the new tire mold off.

It should be a fun weekend, and hopefully I'll have some great videos together. A big thanks to's Newest Sponsor, Chase Cam, I've used Chase Cam equipment many times throughout the years and now get the chance to work with some of their newest equipment, needless to say I am stoked!

See you all in Atlanta!

So it's Wednesday already, I've been back for a few days and haven't done a review for the Midiv Divisional Solo event in Kansas City this past weekend. So how was it? Based on my driving performance, very poor. Based on everything else? It was okay. Unfortunately I always feel whenever I go to KC things are rather unorganized, though I'm sure folks that come to STL from KC feel the same way with the way events around here have been the past few years.Saturday took a long time to complete, we started just after 10am, and didn't get done till after 5pm if I recall correctly. Sunday ran much faster, which made for a decent arrival time at home.
Registration opened up for the 2008 Tirerack Solo Nationals so I jumped and registered as 198 SS for the event. I know I am excited for September to come this year, but I have a lot of work to do before then to be ready. I'm not sure if Natalie will be running Nationals or not this year, we need to see what the horse show schedule looks like.

Newport ProSolo Results

Chris Hammond
Wow what a weekend. So here it goes, it is 10:19pm, let's see how long this takes. Wednesday after class I ran home and grabbed the truck so I could run off and pick up the trailer. I grabed the trailer and Andy Hohl helped me load the car up. I had to load up on Wednesday night because I was heading to Atlanta Thursday morning. The trailer load went well, as did the trip to Atlanta and back. Friday morning I left the house around 7:30 and hit the road to Newport Arkansas.

I've had new street tires for a few weeks now but finally got my new street wheels today. I called around a few places. I tried Autozone and I think they told me it would be $30/wheel to mount and balance the tires. That was a bit higher than I had hoped to pay so I came home after work and tried a service station shop down the street, they told me they couldn't do the wheels because of the size. I then ran to Dobbs in the same shopping center.

Dobbs told me it would be $60 for each of the rear wheels and $50 for each of the front wheels. Excuse me? Are you serious, $220 to mount and balance 4 wheels and tires? I don't think so Dobbs!

So I called up Sears at Chesterfield Mall, they did the alignment on the car last week (more info coming later in this blog post about the alignment), they said they were open till 8pm and if I got there before 7pm they'd be able to take care of them. I got there just after 6pm, and I think I left the store by 7pm. Yet again they were excellent, mounted and balanced 4 wheels and tires, plus mounted an additional r-comp without balancing for $111. So what do the new wheels look like? They're awesome! New Wheels

What I hope will be the first of many was achieved this weekend. I placed 6th at the Dixie National Tour in Cecil Georgia over the weekend. There were 18 drivers that I believe finished, and 20 drivers entered for the event, so the trophies filled out to 6th place. After day 1 I was sitting in 10th place. I wasn't too disappointed with that considering the troubles from Friday.
So today was the first day of the Dixie National Tour in Cecil Georgia (south of Adel). Dave and I ran the Corvette in Super Stock, with 18 other competitors. We had a blast. Dave had a blast killing cones, I had a blast trying to drive fast :)
Dave brought this up today, every car I've put Koni's on I have had problems. The Z28 I had all sorts of issues with the upper shock mount. The 350Z I was unable to get the Konis off the car when I went to sell the car. The Z06 things went on alright, though when we put them all I found one of the shocks hard to adjust. I thought I had fixed that and gotten it to adjust fine. Well today in Georgia at the Dixie tour I was unable to get the left front shock to adjust on the car.


Thanks to all our sponsors, perhaps one day will gain some life (a new ride) but for now check out our latest ride